Thai Shrimp Salad
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 fresh basil leaves
- 3 fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 jalapeno, seeded and roughly chopped (plus more to taste, if desired)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 2 oranges
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 5- to 7-ounce bag spinach
- bamboo skewers, soaked in water for at least 30 minutes
- In a blender, combine the garlic, ginger, peanut butter, cilantro, basil, mint, jalapeño, and sugar and pulse to form a paste. Place a strainer over the blender and squeeze the juice from the lemon, lime, and 1 of the oranges into the blender. With the motor running on low, slowly add the canola and sesame oils. Season with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper; set aside.
- Meanwhile, peel the remaining orange. Divide it into segments and cut each one crosswise; set aside.
- Heat the grill to medium. Divide the shrimp among 4 skewers. Season with the remaining salt and pepper. Grill, turning once, until the shrimp are pink and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes total.
- Divide the spinach and orange segments among individual plates. Place one skewer on each salad and serve the dressing on the side.
- Per Serving
- Calories 665
- Fat 60g
- Sat Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 143mg
- Sodium 1078mg
- Protein 18g
- Carbohydrate 16g
- Sugar 8g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 2mg
- Calcium 110mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
You can make the dressing ahead of time and refrigerate it for up to 1 week.