- 8 ounces rice noodles
- 1 pound sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 15-ounce can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons Asian fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- fresh basil leaves
- 1 chili, sliced
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, brown the steak and sweet potato with the onion in the canola oil in a large pot over medium-high heat, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, coconut milk, red curry paste, and Asian fish sauce; simmer until the potato is tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in the noodles and lime juice. Top with the basil and chili.