long-grain white rice
small chicken cutlets (1 1/2 pounds total)
kosher salt and black pepper
bell peppers, sliced
15-ounce can coconut milk
red curry paste
torn fresh basil leaves
lime, cut into wedges
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, season the chicken with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook the chicken in batches until golden brown and cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from skillet and cut into strips.
- Add the bell peppers and ¼ cup water to the skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until just tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and curry paste and simmer for 4 minutes. Stir in the chicken.
- Spoon the chicken curry over the rice and sprinkle with the basil. Serve with the lime.