- 1cups white rice
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, stems removed
- 3 jalapeños, seeded and chopped
- 1 2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 small eggplant, quartered lengthwise and sliced 1/2 inch thick crosswise
- 2 13.5-ounce cans unsweetened coconut milk
- 2tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2teaspoons kosher salt
- 1pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 1/2 inch thick
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Place the cilantro, jalapeños, ginger, and 1 tablespoon of the oil in a food processor and pulse until combined.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and eggplant and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, soy sauce, and ½ teaspoon of the salt. Bring to a simmer.
- Add the cilantro mixture, remaining salt, and chicken. Simmer until the chicken is cooked through and sauce thickens slightly, about 7 minutes. Serve on rice.