- 1tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 1teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 14-ounce can coconut milk
- kosher salt
- 1/2pound shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and caps thinly sliced
- 4ounces green beans, halved
- 2 carrots, halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise
- 14ounces extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into cubes
- 4ounces snow peas
- 2tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4cup torn fresh basil leaves
- Asian chili garlic sauce, for serving
- Place the curry paste and ginger in a medium pot. Whisk in the broth, coconut milk, and 1 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil.
- Add the mushrooms, green beans, and carrots and simmer until just tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the tofu and snow peas and simmer until the snow peas are bright green, about 1 minute more.
- Stir in the lime juice. Sprinkle with the basil and serve with the chili garlic sauce.