- 1 3/4 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese (4 ounces)
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Form the beef into four ½-inch-thick patties and season with the paprika, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the patties for 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. During the last minute of cooking, top the burgers with the cheese and cook, covered.
- Serve the burgers on the buns with the salsa and the avocado.