- 2/3cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/4cup light or dark brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 6-ounce pieces skinless salmon fillet
- 2 English (or 4 regular) cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 3tablespoons seasoned rice (sushi) vinegar
- In a small bowl, whisk together the teriyaki sauce, sugar, and garlic until the sugar dissolves.
- Place the salmon in a large bowl and toss with marinade to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- Toss the cucumbers with the vinegar; cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Heat grill to medium. Remove the salmon from the marinade and arrange skin-side down on grill; cover with lid. Grill without turning, 8 minutes.
- Using a large spatula, carefully turn salmon and cook, covered, 2 to 3 minutes longer, just until cooked through but still moist and flaky.
- Serve salmon with cucumber salad.