Tarragon Cream Sauce
Makes 1 1/2 cups, serves 6-8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1/2 bottle (1 1/2 cups) white wine
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 sprigs fresh tarragon, plus 1/2 tablespoon chopped leaves
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a large saucepan, over medium-high heat, bring the wine, onion, pepper, and whole tarragon sprigs to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until the mixture is reduced by two-thirds, 20 to 25 minutes, depending on size of pan.
- Remove and discard the tarragon sprigs. Add the cream, reduce heat, and simmer gently until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the salt and chopped tarragon. Serve over chicken, fish, or vegetables.
- Per Serving
- Calories 48Calories From Fat 75%
- Fat 4g
- Sat Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 14mg
- Sodium 25mg
- Carbohydrate 1g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 1g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .