- 1/2 bottle (1 1/2 cups) white wine
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4teaspoon black pepper
- 2 sprigs fresh tarragon, plus 1/2 tablespoon chopped leaves
- 1cup heavy cream
- 1/4teaspoon kosher salt
- In a large saucepan, over medium-high heat, bring the wine, onion, pepper, and whole tarragon sprigs to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until the mixture is reduced by two-thirds, 20 to 25 minutes, depending on size of pan.
- Remove and discard the tarragon sprigs. Add the cream, reduce heat, and simmer gently until slightly thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the salt and chopped tarragon. Serve over chicken, fish, or vegetables.