Tapas Plate With Marinated Chickpeas
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 pound Manchego cheese, sliced
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced Serrano ham or prosciutto
- 1/2 cup mixed olives
- 1/2 small loaf country bread
- In a medium bowl, combine the chickpeas, raisins, roasted peppers, parsley, scallions, oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Serve with the cheese, ham, olives, and bread.
- Per Serving
- Calories 705
- Fat 38g
- Sat Fat 17g
- Cholesterol 82mg
- Sodium 2,083mg
- Protein 33g
- Carbohydrate 59g
- Sugar 17g
- Fiber 8g
- Iron 5mg
- Calcium 717mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Place olives in a glass jar with lemon or orange rind and cover with olive oil. They’ll keep for months in the fridge.