- 1pound peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1cup plain yogurt
- 2teaspoons garam masala
- 1/2teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1cup long-grain white rice
- 1/2cup frozen peas
- 1 carrot, grated
- kosher salt and black pepper
- In a medium bowl, mix the shrimp with the yogurt, garam masala, and cayenne to coat. Cover and let marinate, refrigerated, for at least 30 minutes and up to 12 hours.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the package directions, adding the peas and carrot in the last 5 minutes.
- Heat broiler. Soak 8 wooden skewers in water for at least 10 minutes.
- Thread the shrimp onto the skewers, season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper, and broil until opaque, 4 to 5 minutes. Serve with the rice.