- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1pound ground turkey
- 1/2teaspoon chili powder
- kosher salt
- 8ounces tortilla chips
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, torn
- 1cup (4 ounces) sliced Cheddar
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1cup store-bought fresh salsa
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until slightly soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add the turkey and cook, crumbling with the back of a wooden spoon, until no trace of pink remains, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in the chili powder and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Divide the turkey mixture, tortilla chips, lettuce, Cheddar, and avocado among individual plates. Serve with the salsa.