Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 4 6-ounce swordfish steaks, about 1 inch thick
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Grilled Pineapple Salsa
- Season both sides of the fish with the salt and pepper. Sprinkle half of the garlic in a baking dish and top with the swordfish. Sprinkle with the remaining garlic. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat grill to medium. Brush grill rack with oil.
- Scrape the garlic from the fish. Transfer the fish to grill and cook, turning once, until opaque throughout, about 8 minutes total. Serve with the Grilled Pineapple Salsa.
- Per Serving
- Calories 289
- Fat 14g
- Sat Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 112mg
- Sodium 379mg
- Protein 34g
- Carbohydrate 6g
- Sugar 3.5g
- Fiber 1g
- Iron 1mg
- Calcium 20mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
You can substitute tuna or salmon for the swordfish. The grilling time will vary depending on the thickness of the steaks. Allow 8 to 10 minutes for a 1-inch-thick steak. If your steak is thinner or thicker, adjust the time accordingly.