Swiss Chard With Chickpeas and Couscous
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Place the couscous in a bowl. Add 1 ½ cups boiling water and stir. Cover tightly and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, over low heat, toast the pine nuts, shaking the pan frequently, until golden, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Return the skillet to medium heat, add the oil, and heat for 1 minute. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the chickpeas, raisins, chard, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chard is tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork and divide among individual plates. Top with the chard and sprinkle with the pine nuts.
- Per Serving
- Calories 540Calories From Fat 40%
- Fat 24g
- Sat Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 1,329mg
- Carbohydrate 71g
- Fiber 13g
- Sugar 23g
- Protein 17g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
It’s easy to vary this recipe. Use spinach instead of Swiss chard, almonds for pine nuts, or currants for raisins.