Swiss Chard and Chickpea Fritters With Yogurt
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 8 cups stemmed and torn Swiss chard (about 1 bunch) or spinach
- 1 15.5-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled Feta (2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- hot sauce, for serving
- Pulse together the Swiss chard, chickpeas, garlic, cumin, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper in a food processor until finely chopped, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Combine the Swiss chard mixture, Feta, and flour in a large bowl,. Form the mixture into eight 2½-inch patties.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook the patties, in 2 batches, until browned, 3 to 4 minutes per side, adding the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil to the skillet for the second batch. Serve with the yogurt and hot sauce.
- Per Serving
- Calories 305
- Fat 21g
- Sat Fat 6g
- Cholesterol 18mg
- Sodium 763mg
- Protein 10g
- Carbohydrate 21g
- Sugar 3g
- Fiber 5g
- Iron 3mg
- Calcium 175mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Make it a meal: Serve the patties with a quick salad made with halved grape tomatoes, thinly sliced red onion, and your favorite vinaigrette. The patties can be formed up to 8 hours in advance; refrigerate, covered.