Swiss Chard and Cheddar Quiche
Serves 6| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chard and onion and cook until tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with the half-and-half; season with 1 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Add the Cheddar and chard mixture and mix to combine. Pour into the prebaked 9-inch piecrust and bake until set, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, toss together the lettuce with the vinegar, the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Serve the quiche with the salad.
- Per Serving
- Calories 352Calories From Fat 226
- Fat 25g
- Sat Fat 10g
- Cholesterol 133mg
- Sodium 813mg
- Protein 9g
- Carbohydrate 23g
- Sugar 3g
- Fiber 1g
- Iron 2mg
- Calcium 152mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Meat lovers at your table? Mix chopped cooked bacon or baked ham into the eggs before baking.