- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 ounces Cheddar, grated (1⁄2 cup)
- 1 prebaked 9-inch piecrust
- 4 cups baby lettuce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chard and onion and cook until tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with the half-and-half; season with 1 teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Add the Cheddar and chard mixture and mix to combine. Pour into the prebaked 9-inch piecrust and bake until set, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, toss together the lettuce with the vinegar, the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Serve the quiche with the salad.