Joan Munson’s Sweet White Corn Soup With Poblano Puree
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat broiler. On a broilerproof baking sheet, broil the pepper, turning occasionally, until charred, 8 to 12 minutes. Wrap in a paper towel; let cool for 10 minutes. Use the paper towel to slide off the skin. Remove the seeds.
- In a blender, puree the pepper with 2 tablespoons of the chicken broth; transfer to a bowl. Rinse out the blender.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender (do not let it brown), 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the corn, the remaining 2½ cups of chicken broth, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the corn is tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- In the blender, working in batches, puree the soup until smooth, adjusting the consistency with water as necessary. (Alternatively, use a handheld immersion blender in the pot.)
- Serve the soup with a drizzle of the cream and the poblano puree; sprinkle with the cilantro.
- Per Serving
- Calories 284
- Fat 14g
- Sat Fat 8g
- Cholesterol 39mg
- Sodium 494mg
- Protein 9g
- Carbohydrate 38g
- Sugar 7g
- Fiber 6g
- Iron 1mg
- Calcium 19mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .