- 1/4cup apricot preserves
- 1/4cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4teaspoon cayenne pepper
- kosher salt
- 3 1/2pounds chicken wings (about 25)
- 2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2tablespoons store-bought pesto
- 1tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 head butter lettuce, torn into pieces
- Heat grill to medium-low. In a large bowl, combine the preserves, vinegar, ginger, cayenne, and ¾ teaspoon salt. Set aside ¼ cup of the mixture.
- Add the chicken wings to the bowl and toss to coat.
- Grill chicken, covered, turning occasionally, until cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes, basting with reserved mixture in the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the oil, pesto, and lemon juice.
- Divide the lettuce among plates and drizzle with the pesto vinaigrette. Serve with the chicken wings.