- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), cut into small pieces
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, pulse the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt until combined.
- Add the butter and pulse until the dough just begins to clump together.
- Add the egg and vanilla and continue to process until the dough comes together into a ball. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, if necessary.
- Shape into a disk, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate at least 20 minutes or until firm. Bake the crust in a 350° F preheated oven until golden or according to your pie recipe instructions.