Sweet and Spicy Chicken With Soba Salad
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 6 ounces soba noodles
- 4 heads baby bok choy, sliced crosswise into strips
- 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon Sriracha or other Asian chili sauce
- kosher salt
- 1/2 cup red currant jelly
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 4 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions, adding the bok choy during the last minute of cooking. Drain and run under cold water to cool.
- Transfer the noodles and bok choy to a large bowl. Add the bell pepper, oil, vinegar, Sriracha, and ¼ teaspoon salt and toss to combine.
- Meanwhile, heat broiler. In a small bowl, combine the jelly, ketchup, and ginger.
- Place the chicken on a broilerproof baking sheet lined with foil. Season with ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Broil the chicken until cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes per side, brushing with the jelly mixture twice during the last 3 minutes. Serve with noodles.
- Per Serving
- Calories 541
- Fat 12g
- Sat Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 94mg
- Sodium 576mg
- Protein 44g
- Carbohydrate 65g
- Sugar 32g
- Fiber 5g
- Iron 3mg
- Calcium 35mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
For a hearty next-day lunch, toss the soba and vegetables with sliced chicken, shredded carrots, sliced cucumbers and scallions, and a splash of oil to prevent clumping.