- 8 ounces lo mein or other Asian noodles
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound flank steak, thinly sliced across the grain
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 pound snow peas, halved lengthwise
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 1/3 cup red pepper jelly
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the beef with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Cook the beef, stirring occasionally, until cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the snow peas, carrots, and shallots to the skillet and cook, tossing, for 4 minutes.
- Return the steak to the skillet, add the jelly and cook, tossing, for 1 minute. Serve with the noodles and vegetables.