long-grain white rice
frozen chicken nuggets
low-sodium soy sauce
grated fresh ginger
celery, thinly sliced
chili pepper (such as serrano or jalapeño), seeded and sliced
scallions, thinly sliced
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, cook the chicken according to the package directions. (If there’s a pan-frying option, choose it; otherwise, bake.)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the preserves, soy sauce, vinegar, and ginger. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the celery and cook, tossing, for 2 minutes.
- Add the snow peas and chili pepper and cook, tossing, until the vegetables are just tender, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken, sauce, and cashews and toss to coat. Serve over the rice and sprinkle with the scallions.