- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 18 ounces frozen chicken nuggets
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound snow peas
- 1 chili pepper (such as serrano or jalapeño), seeded and sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, cook the chicken according to the package directions. (If there’s a pan-frying option, choose it; otherwise, bake.)
- In a small bowl, whisk together the preserves, soy sauce, vinegar, and ginger. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the celery and cook, tossing, for 2 minutes.
- Add the snow peas and chili pepper and cook, tossing, until the vegetables are just tender, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken, sauce, and cashews and toss to coat. Serve over the rice and sprinkle with the scallions.