Sweet Potatoes With Pecans and Parmesan
Serves 8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for the baking dish
- 2 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1⁄4-inch-thick rounds
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan (2 ounces)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- Heat oven to 375° F. Oil a shallow 2 ½- to 3-quart baking dish.
- In a large bowl, toss the sweet potatoes with the Parmesan, 2 tablespoons of the oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper; transfer to the prepared baking dish. Cover tightly with foil and bake until tender, 45 to 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the pecans, sugar, thyme, cayenne, the remaining tablespoon of oil, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ⅛ teaspoon black pepper.
- Remove the foil from the baking dish, sprinkle the pecan mixture over the potatoes, and continue to bake, uncovered, until the pecans are toasted, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Per Serving
- Calories 297
- Fat 16g
- Sat Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 5mg
- Sodium 504mg
- Protein 6g
- Carbohydrate 34g
- Sugar 15g
- Fiber 6g
- Iron 1mg
- Calcium 137mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .