- 1pound sweet potatoes (2 medium)
- 12 graham crackers
- 5tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pinch ground cloves
- 1cup heavy cream
- 1/2cup chopped candied nuts or peanut brittle
- Heat oven to 400° F. Pierce the potatoes all over with a fork, place on a rimmed baking sheet, and bake until very tender, 50 to 60 minutes. Let cool, then halve and scoop out the flesh (discard the skins).
- Reduce oven to 350° F. In a food processor, process the graham crackers until fine crumbs form. Add the butter, sugar, and ¼ teaspoon of the salt and pulse until moistened. Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate, using a straight-sided dry measuring cup to help. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until dry and set, 10 to 12 minutes (if the crust puffs while baking, press it down gently). Let cool.
- Wipe out the food processor and add the sweet potato flesh, condensed milk, eggs, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and the remaining ¼ teaspoon of salt and process until smooth (do not overprocess). Pour the mixture into the crust and bake until set in the center, 45 to 55 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Before serving, using an electric mixer, beat the cream on medium-high until soft peaks form. Gently fold in the nuts and serve with the pie.