- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes (about 4-6), peeled
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Balsamic vinegar, for serving
- Brie cheese, for serving
- Whisk the eggs, flour, salt, and pepper in a bowl until combined.
- Shred the onion using the large holes of a box grater or the grating attachment of a food processor.
- Shred the sweet potatoes using the large holes of a box grater or the grating attachment of a food processor.
- Working in batches, place the sweet potatoes and onions in a dish towel, and squeeze out as much excess liquid as possible. Add the sweet potatoes and onions to the egg mixture, and toss with your hands to combine.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Once oil is hot, drop the potato batter into the pan by the heaping spoonful, keeping the pancakes about two inches apart.
- Flatten each latke with the back of a spoon and cook until golden brown, two to three minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined tray to drain, then drizzle warm latkes with balsamic vinegar. Serve with a side of brie cheese.