- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large sweet potato, scrubbed and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 slices whole-wheat bread, ground in a food processor (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan (2 ounces)
- freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 500º F.
- Pour the oil into a baking pan, add the sweet potato, and toss to coat. Arrange the slices in a single layer and sprinkle with the salt. Roast until softened and browned, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add the bread crumbs and toast until golden. Add in the Parmesan, potato slices, and a few grinds of pepper; toss to coat.
- Return to the baking pan. Place in oven and bake until the cheese bubbles, about 3 minutes. Add salt to taste.