- 1tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2cups Arborio rice
- 1cup dry white wine (such as Sauvignon Blanc)
- 4cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1cup freshly grated Parmesan
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 1/2cups frozen peas, thawed
- fresh mint sprigs (optional)
- Heat the butter and oil in a large skillet or saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until translucent, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir until coated. Add the wine and stir until all the liquid is absorbed. Add 1 cup of the broth and cook until absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- Add the remaining broth ½ cup at a time, waiting until each portion is absorbed before adding the next. Continue until the rice is cooked al dente, about 35 minutes. Stir in the Parmesan, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Meanwhile, puree 2 cups of peas in a blender or food processor.
- Before serving, stir the peas into the rice until fully incorporated, then fold in remaining whole peas. Garnish with the mint, if desired.