- 16 thin baguette slices
- 4tablespoons olive oil
- 1 10-ounce package frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2cup ricotta
- 1 scallion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1ounce Parmesan, cut into pieces, plus more, grated, for topping
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Heat oven to 375° F. Place the baguette slices on a baking sheet and brush with 2 tablespoons of the oil. Toast until golden, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor fitted with the metal blade, puree the peas, ricotta, scallion, and Parmesan with the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper, scraping down the sides of the bowl occasionally, until the Parmesan is broken down and the mixture is nearly smooth.
- Spread the pea mixture on the crostini and top with grated Parmesan, if desired.