- 2tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1pound package frozen peas
- 3/4cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- kosher salt
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and 3/4 teaspoon salt and cook, stirring often, until tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the broth and bring to a boil.
- Place the peas and mint in a blender and add the hot broth mixture. (Because hot liquids expand when blended, hold the lid firmly in place with a kitchen towel before blending.) Blend until smooth. Return to saucepan to heat through, if necessary.