- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 1 stick) unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, and salt. Pulse a few times to combine. Add the butter and pulse until the dough just begins to clump together. Add the egg and pulse until the dough comes together.
- Shape into a disk, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate at least 20 minutes or until needed. Press the dough into a 9-inch pie plate, working from the center outward, up and over the rim. Crimp the edges, if desired.
- Bake in a preheated 375° F oven until the crust is golden or according to your pie recipe's instructions.