- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 small leek (white and light green parts), thinly sliced
- 2teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 3/4teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4teaspoon black pepper
- 4cups whole milk
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into a 1/2-inch dice
- 2cups corn kernels (from 4 ears, fresh or frozen)
- pinch ground nutmeg
- In a large saucepan, over medium-low heat, fry the bacon until browned but not crisp, about 5 minutes. Spoon off and discard all but 2 tablespoons of the drippings.
- Add the leek, thyme leaves, salt, and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the milk and potatoes. Simmer gently until the potatoes are almost tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add the corn and cook for 5 minutes. Add the nutmeg and ladle into bowls.