Sweet and Salty Pumpkin Seeds
Serves 8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 cups fresh pumpkin seeds (from 2 medium pumpkins), rinsed and patted dry
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat oven to 300° F. Spread the seeds on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until dry throughout, 50 to 60 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 350° F. In a large bowl, toss the seeds with the butter, sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Return the seeds to the baking sheet and toast, tossing occasionally, until golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Per Serving
- Calories 225
- Fat 19g
- Sat Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 8mg
- Sodium 148mg
- Protein 9g
- Carbohydrate 10g
- Fiber 1g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
The pumpkin seeds can be made and stored at room temperature in an airtight container up to 3 days in advance.