Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound whole-wheat pizza dough, at room temperature
- 8 ounces mozzarella, grated (2 cups)
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 ounces button or cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces sliced pepperoni
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan (2 ounces)
- 6 cups baby arugula (5 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Heat oven to 450° F with a rack in the lowest position. Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with 2 tablespoons of the oil. Stretch the dough into a large oval and place on the prepared sheet. Bake until the crust is firm but still pale, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the crust from oven and top with half the mozzarella, then the tomatoes, mushrooms, bell pepper, onion, pepperoni, the remaining half of the mozzarella, and the Parmesan. Bake until the crust is golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes more.
- In a large bowl, toss the arugula with the vinegar, the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper. Serve with the pizza.
- Per Serving
- Calories 738
- Fat 40g
- Sat Fat 14g
- Cholesterol 72mg
- Sodium 1,872mg
- Protein 32g
- Carbohydrate 62g
- Sugar 7g
- Fiber 10g
- Iron 4mg
- Calcium 599mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .