End-of-Summer Vegetable Soup
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 15.5-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large zucchini, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 large yellow squash, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 pound green beans, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups corn kernels (cut from 2 ears, or frozen)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh dill springs
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the broth to a boil.
- Add the cannellini beans, zucchini, yellow squash, green beans, corn, onion, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Simmer until the vegetables are tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in the dill.
- Per Serving
- Calories 140
- Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 3mg
- Carbohydrate 26g
- Sodium 273mg
- Protein 9g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 6g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
The soup can be refrigerated for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 3 months.