- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds boneless leg of lamb, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small leek (white and light green parts), thinly sliced
- 4 ounces green beans, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (1 cup)
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels (from 6 ears)
- Wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- Heat grill to medium. In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon, cumin, thyme, 1 teaspoon of the salt, and ½ teaspoon of the pepper.
- Place the lamb in a large bowl, sprinkle with the spices, and toss. Divide the lamb among the skewers.
- Grill to the desired doneness, about 5 minutes per side for medium. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the leek and cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add the beans and 3 tablespoons water. Increase heat to medium-high and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the corn and the remaining salt and pepper and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Serve the succotash alongside the lamb.