- 12 ounces fettuccine (3/4 box)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- kosher salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds beefsteak tomatoes (about 3), chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (such as Sauvignon Blanc)
- 1 small zucchini, coarsely grated
- 3/4 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the turkey, season with ¾ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper, and cook, breaking up the turkey with a spoon, for 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and wine and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the turkey is cooked through and the sauce has slightly thickened, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and fold in the zucchini and basil. Serve over the pasta.