- 1/2cup slivered almonds
- 4ounces dried figs
- 2tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3tablespoons honey
- grated zest from 1 orange (1 tablespoon)
- 1/2teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4cup granulated sugar
- In a small skillet over medium heat, toast the almonds to bring out their flavor. Remove from heat; cool.
- Combine the figs, cocoa, cinnamon, and almonds in a food processor, pulsing until peppercorn-size balls form. Add the honey, orange zest, and almond extract. Pulse 3 or 4 times more until well mixed.
- Spread the sugar in a shallow dish. Form the sugarplums into 1-inch balls and roll in sugar.