- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 6 ounces (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Put the butter and sugar in a large bowl or 64-ounce Pyrex cup. Beat with an electric mixer on medium-high until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs and beat until fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the lemon juice and vanilla. Reduce speed to low and slowly add the flour mixture. Mix until just incorporated.
- Divide the dough in half and flatten each portion into a 1-inch-thick disk. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350° F. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to 1/4 inch thick. Cut into desired shapes and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Scraps can be combined and rolled out again. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown.