Sugar Cookie Stars
Makes 36 cookies| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 18-ounce tube sugar cookie dough (such as Pillsbury)
- flour for the work surface
- 3/4 to 1 cup jam (any flavor)
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Cut the dough crosswise into 2 portions; refrigerate 1 portion. Roll the other one on a floured surface to 1/8 inch thick. Using a small (preferably 2-inch) star-shaped cookie cutter, cut the dough into cookies. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Bake until golden around the edges, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Repeat with the remaining dough, rerolling the scraps.
- Turn half the cookies upside down and spread with about 1/2 teaspoon of jam each. Sandwich with the remaining cookies.
- Per Serving
- Calories 83Calories From Fat 32%
- Calcium 13mg
- Carbohydrate 14g
- Cholesterol 4mg
- Fat 3g
- Fiber 0g
- Iron 0mg
- Protein 1mg
- Sat Fat 1g
- Sodium 62mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Buy organic: The grains that dairy cows eat can be treated with chemicals, which have a residual presence in milk and dairy products.