- 1 18-ounce tube sugar cookie dough (such as Pillsbury)
- flour for the work surface
- 3/4 to 1 cup jam (any flavor)
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Cut the dough crosswise into 2 portions; refrigerate 1 portion. Roll the other one on a floured surface to 1/8 inch thick. Using a small (preferably 2-inch) star-shaped cookie cutter, cut the dough into cookies. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Bake until golden around the edges, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Repeat with the remaining dough, rerolling the scraps.
- Turn half the cookies upside down and spread with about 1/2 teaspoon of jam each. Sandwich with the remaining cookies.