Stuffing With Mushrooms, Chestnuts, and Swiss Chard
Serves 8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 10 ounces button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup jarred chestnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 bunch Swiss chard (about 1 pound), stems discarded and leaves chopped
- 1 12- to 16-ounce package stuffing mix, prepared according to the package directions (but not baked)
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook until the mushrooms are tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the chestnuts and chard and cook until the chard is wilted, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Fold mushrooms, chestnuts, and chard into the stuffing mix and bake according to the package directions.
- Per Serving
- Calories 317
- Fat 6g
- Sat Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 1,058mg
- Protein 9g
- Carbohydrate 56g
- Sugar 5g
- Fiber 5g
- Iron 4mg
- Calcium 93mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Stuffings vary in moistness, depending on the brand. Feel free to adjust the quantity according to your preference, keeping in mind that stuffing baked outside of the turkey dries out slightly.