Stuffing With Mushrooms, Chestnuts, and Swiss Chard
Serves 8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 10 ounces button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup jarred chestnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 bunch Swiss chard (about 1 pound), stems discarded and leaves chopped
- 1 12- to 16-ounce package stuffing mix, prepared according to the package directions (but not baked)
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook until the mushrooms are tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the chestnuts and chard and cook until the chard is wilted, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Fold mushrooms, chestnuts, and chard into the stuffing mix and bake according to the package directions.
- Per Serving
- Calories 317
- Fat 6g
- Sat Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 1,058mg
- Protein 9g
- Carbohydrate 56g
- Sugar 5g
- Fiber 5g
- Iron 4mg
- Calcium 93mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .