Stuffed Poblano Peppers
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Adjust oven rack to the highest position; heat broiler. Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, cut the poblanos in half lengthwise. Scoop out and discard the seeds. Place the poblanos skin-side up on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Broil the poblanos until the skin is charred black, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the corn, beans, cooked rice, oil, 1 ¼ teaspoons salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Using your fingers or a paring knife, peel the poblanos and discard the skins.
- Divide the poblano halves among individual plates. Spoon the rice mixture over the top and sprinkle with the cheese. Serve at room temperature.
- Per Serving
- Calories 738Calories From Fat 27%
- Fat 22g
- Sat Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 13mg
- Sodium 1,302mg
- Carbohydrate 105g
- Fiber 22g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 31g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
If you can’t find poblanos (mild, sturdy-fleshed green peppers perfect for stuffing), use small green bell peppers.