long-grain white rice
poblano chili peppers
corn kernels, fresh (from 3 ears) or thawed frozen
15-ounce can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
extra-virgin olive oil
kosher salt and black pepper
goat cheese, crumbled
- Adjust oven rack to the highest position; heat broiler. Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, cut the poblanos in half lengthwise. Scoop out and discard the seeds. Place the poblanos skin-side up on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Broil the poblanos until the skin is charred black, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the corn, beans, cooked rice, oil, 1 ¼ teaspoons salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Using your fingers or a paring knife, peel the poblanos and discard the skins.
- Divide the poblano halves among individual plates. Spoon the rice mixture over the top and sprinkle with the cheese. Serve at room temperature.