- 1cup long-grain white rice
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
- 1/2pound ground beef chuck
- 1cup frozen corn
- 1 4.5-ounce can chopped green chilies
- 1teaspoon ground cumin
- 4ounces Monterey Jack, grated (1 cup)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 large bell peppers, halved lengthwise, ribs and seeds removed
- 1/2cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- salsa, for serving
- Heat oven to 375° F. Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the scallion whites and beef and cook, breaking the beef up with a spoon, until no longer pink, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the corn, chilies, cumin, cooked rice, ½ cup of the Monterey Jack, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- Arrange the bell peppers, cut-side up, in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish or pan. Divide the beef mixture among the bell peppers, add ½ cup water to the dish, tightly cover the dish with foil, and bake until the bell peppers are soft, 30 to 40 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with the remaining ½ cup of Monterey Jack, and bake until browned, 5 to 7 minutes more.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt and ¼ cup water. Drizzle over the bell peppers and top with the salsa and scallion greens.