Stuffed Chicken With Roasted Broccoli and Potatoes
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1/2 bunch broccoli (about 1/2 pound), cut into florets
- 1 pound red new potatoes (about 10), halved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped roasted red peppers
- 2 ounces Feta, crumbled (1/2 cup)
- 8 thin chicken cutlets (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Heat oven to 400° F with the racks in the upper and lower thirds. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the broccoli and potatoes with 2 tablespoons of the oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Roast on the bottom rack, tossing once, until golden brown and tender, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together the red peppers and Feta. Season the chicken with ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper. Dividing evenly, roll up the red pepper mixture in the cutlets (about 1 heaping tablespoon each) and fasten each closed with a toothpick.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken, seam-side up, until browned, 3 to 4 minutes. Turn the chicken, transfer the skillet to the top rack, and roast until cooked through, 14 to 16 minutes more. Remove the toothpicks. Serve the chicken with the vegetables, sprinkled with the parsley.
- Per Serving
- Calories 409
- Fat 18g
- Sat Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 107mg
- Sodium 674mg
- Protein 40g
- Carbohydrate 22g
- Sugar 2g
- Fiber 4g
- Iron 3mg
- Calcium 127mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Real Simple is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit choosemyplate.gov.