- 1 6.5-ounce jar artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 4 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper
- 2 beefsteak tomatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 8 baguette slices, toasted (optional)
- Mix the artichokes, Parmesan, and 1 tablespoon of the thyme in a small bowl.
- Cut a 2-inch pocket in the thickest part of each chicken breast. Stuff a quarter of the artichoke mixture into each pocket.
- Rub the chicken breasts with 1 teaspoon of the oil and season with ¾ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium. Grill the chicken, turning once, until cooked through, 6 to 7 minutes per side.
- Mix the tomatoes, shallot, vinegar, ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper, and the remaining oil and thyme in a large bowl.
- Slice the chicken, if desired, and serve with the tomato salad and baguette slices, if using.