- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (half of a 17.3-ounce package), thawed
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 8 ounces strawberries, chopped (1-1/2 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 1-1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 tablespoons tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup turbinado sugar
- Place the puff pastry on a lightly floured sheet of parchment paper. Roll into a 12-inch square. Cut in half, then into 8 rectangles. Slide the parchment with the pastry onto a baking sheet.
- Toss the strawberries, lime zest, cornstarch, and granulated sugar in a medium bowl.
- Brush the edges of each pastry rectangle with the egg. Dividing evenly, top half of each rectangle with the filling. Fold over and seal the pies. Brush the tops with the egg. Sprinkle with the thyme and turbinado sugar. Cut a few small slits in the top of each pie. Freeze for 30 minutes on the baking sheet (or up to 1 month in an airtight container).
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- Bake until golden brown, about 25 minutes. Cool to room temperature on a wire rack.