Serves 8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 quarts (32 ounces) fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 12-ounce tube Pillsbury Golden Homestyle Buttermilk biscuits
- 1 7-ounce can whipped cream
- Wash and hull the strawberries, then slice them into a large bowl. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the sugar, toss, and set aside.
- Place the biscuits on a baking sheet, sprinkle the tops with the remaining tablespoon of sugar, and bake according to the package directions.
- Let cool for 3 to 5 minutes, then slice the biscuits in half. Place the bottom half of each biscuit on a plate and spray on some whipped cream. Spoon the berries, including some juices, over the whipped cream, then place the other half of the biscuit on top. Serve.
- Per Serving
- Calories 266.74Calories From Fat 23%
- Calcium 48.23mg
- Carbohydrate 48.42g
- Cholesterol 18.85mg
- Fat 6.88g
- Fiber 2.88g
- Iron 1.65mg
- Protein 5.08mg
- Sat Fat 3.64g
- Sodium 397.26mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
If strawberries are out of season, substitute 32 ounces of frozen berries. Follow the package directions for thawing, and decrease the amount of sugar sprinkled over the berries from 1/2 cup to 1 1/2 tablespoons.