Strawberry, Raspberry, and Coconut Parfaits
Serves 8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 pints strawberry ice cream
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Heat oven to 350° F. Spread the coconut on a rimmed baking sheet and toast, tossing occasionally, until golden, 4 to 6 minutes. Let cool.
- Dividing evenly among eight 4-ounce freezer-safe cups, layer the ice cream and jam, then sprinkle with the toasted coconut. Freeze for up to 12 hours.
- Per Serving
- Calories 285
- Fat 11g
- Sat Fat 8g
- Cholesterol 20mg
- Sodium 28mg
- Protein 2g
- Carbohydrate 45g
- Sugar 43g
- Fiber 1g
- Iron 0mg
- Calcium 63mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
To soften hard ice cream for scooping, remove the lid and the liner (if there is one) from the carton, then microwave the ice cream on high (power level 10), stopping and checking every 10 seconds, until it reaches the desired consistency.